Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's me...

Chris has been doing a good job at stunt blogging, but I figured you should probably hear from me while I've got a burst of energy. I've been doing my best to attend the teacher in services this week and am really grateful that my soon-to-be sub (I'm taking the first two weeks off) has been at all of them. Thank you Central! Ms Hebert, my principal has been amazingly understanding and having Mrs. Boyer there to get ready for the school year has been so helpful.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with Dr. Markowitz to make sure things are going OK and I'm ready for my last round of AC chemo. Chemo is on Thursday and Neulasta on Friday -whoo hoo. I'm glad to be almost through this part. I'm tired of being tired. There is a limit to the amount of sleep one can trick themselves into enjoying. The drugs do give me some fantastical dreams...

The ear infection and thrush are gone and the sore throat was just a one day thing, so I'm sure I'll be cleared for this next round of chemo.
Chris shaved my head the other day and there is less and less to take off... patches mostly.

I love all the comments and e-mails, please keep em coming.

4 comments:

Joel David said...

Whoo-hoo indeed, indeed. Almost through this part. Yay! Glad to hear the ear and thrush are better. Why you are keeping a wild bird at a time like this though is beyond me. Too much responsibility if you ask me. You always did stretch yourself thin.
XO J-

Lopi said...

WOW! Last session. Must feel like crossing a finish line. What's the next step?

Love ya!
Danny and Lisa

Unknown said...

Hi Selena,

I FINALLY got to catch up on this. Been a bit distracted and stressed, as Chris may have told you because I have been unemployed since early April.Job hunting and all that anxiety that comes with it has been too all-consuming.

I really appreciate this blog. I know I haven't seen you guys in a long while, but fondly recall your last visit to NYC. I really enjoyed talking to Chris last weekend.I miss you guys and think of you often.

Do you have a laptop? You might enjoy the SIMS computer game as you can play it endlessly, it's moderate paced and quite addictive. Yet it doesn't take a lot of concentration, its fun and you can play it in short bursts. it may work with your current energy level/attention span. :-)

I am also on Gtalk instant messenger program at klhrabosky@gmail.com. If you use that, add me to your friend list and say hi!

Love to you both,
Kara

Cheryl Mae said...

Good to hear from you Asseebola!

Glad you've got a good team at your school...but inservice meetings are exhausting...even for the average bear...
You sound like Mary J. Blige - "I'm sick and tired...of being sick and tired...of being sick and tired...well ladies, check this out"!

Good to hear from ya, my dear friend!
xoxoxox
Cheryl Mae