Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Cruising along...

Today I made it through 3 1/2 hours of an inservice! OK, so I had to leave after 2 hours, go home and nap, then come back, but I did it! It was actually very well presented and useful so I made the effort. I only made it through 2 hours yesterday...

This round of Chemo is kicking my butt. I've had to rely a little too heavily on the anti nausea meds and actually had a few bouts of vomiting... The joys of having your body awash in drugs! I just keep reminding myself that I am being HEALED. This will pass.

Been snoozing and listening to NPR a lot lately. I can drift off and then wake up to something, rinse and repeat. I have given up on reading. I took the books back to the library 'cause chemobrain won't let me concentrate. I was really enjoying those books and will have to pick them up again and find out how they end later. Getting ready to try audio books again, the drifting off might interfere with my retention, though. I'm trying Twilight.

Sorry for the lack of blog for a couple of days, they haven't been the best of times...

2 comments:

Jerry and Mavis said...

You can always update the blog when you are feeling creative and upbeat. Some of your previous entries are pure "Selena" (smile)

Being able to attend several hours of teacher's meetings at this stage in your treatment certainly indicates progress.

Hang in there. You are one tough lady.

Our love

Cheryl Mae said...

Hey girl!

If you can handle it, cool...but listen to your body! Actually, you're a better woman than me...I don't take kindly to inservices... NPR is great...you get a good mix of musical genres.

I see light, dear heart! As the group Chicago says, "Feeling stronger every day"!

xoxox
Cheryl Mae ;o)