Sunday, August 24, 2008

Been a long time since I rock and rolled....


Let's all pretend that was in my VERY best impression of ROBERT PLANT. Gotta love the Led.

Yes, I my be a theatre fag, but I have been known to rock out on some LED ZEPPELIN in my youth. As in youth I mean fourth and fifth grade riding to school with my brother Patrick in the back of the 1972 Ford Pinto. No, it did not have the retro-fitted plexi-glass spacer to protect it from exploding if it was rear-ended. That was for woosies, damn-it! It did however have a KILLER 8-track deck which he used to time-out just perfectly to plat PINK FLOYD's "Pig Man, Pig Man, ahhhh shoooo whaaa deee whaaa." as we drove past the police at the bottom of the hill at Mineola High School. Patrick, you were suck a friggin rebel.

My post will NOT be good tonight because I under the influence of a class II substance known as Norco also known a Vicodin to control my severe meningitis headaches. For those of you not familiar with my statistics. I have a very rare medical condition called Mollaret's Meningitis which is excacerbated by the fact that I have a leaky blood-brain barrier. (Rare genetic defect, meybe.... 

This is nothing like the Leaky Cauldron in Harry Potty and we shall mention Harry Potter no further in the Blog. The afroementioned leaky blood-brain barrier makes it very easy for viruses to slip their sorry little selves in my spinal canel a wreak serious havoc with my brain. I have been running a fever of 101-103 since Wednseday and have not been the proper caretaker  for my dear wife. Thank God that Selena's fine example of a mother is residing within these walls to take care of her daugther lest she be left to the wolves as nothing more than carrion. Just as poor Antigone and Ismene's brothers were thus left to be devoured as carrion by the wild bird because their father Creon would not thus allow them to be buried. Little did he know that this would be his tragic down fall. (He would have known, perhaps if he had listed to the chorus shouting at him all the time. What was he, deaf?) I apologize for dramaturgical digression. Sometime an old show queen has to show off...

As stated before, I ha been in bed since Wednesday and have been no help to anyone except the bed bugs. Except we don't have bed bugs, THANK GOD, so they just have to fend for themselves soemwhere else in town. I have been narcotized to keep the pain from destroying my head. Luckily, because I take anti-virals daily, these episodes usually do not last for more that a week and I am now out of bed today. 

I cleaned my bunny world today. It tood me 8 hours instead of two because I am like an old man. (I move slowly and fart often.) The bunnies appreciate both, I think. The bunnies live in the front dining room right know because Donna-Wonna has the Bunny Room so she can have a real room to be and God Bless Michael, my brother, he bought her a real bed, so she does not have to sleep on the floor.

So enough about me being sick, I am always sick any way and that is not why you are reading this. This is not titled:

CHRIS' MOLLARET'S MENINGITIS JOURNEY

is it? NO! So let's have an update on my lovely wife Selena. First of all she looks very lovely without hair. It makes her eyes look very beautiful. Second of all, I love her because she is brave and strong and does not complain. Third of all, she drinks H2O when we tell her to, so she does not damage her bladder or get dehydrated. She is the perfect patient.

She has been FEELING LOUSY since Thursday's chemo #4. Sick, nauseated, vomiting, no appetite, lots of headaches, restless, can't sleep, unable to get comfortable ANYWHERE in the house. I wake up in the middle of the night and find her laying on her head, butt up in the air, knees on couch and arms dangilng off couch sound asleep. Other times, sound asleep, but scratching her arms like she is trying to remove an alien life for from them. Maybe she is. I hope it is not a highly evolved race and she plucks them out and kills them and starts an intergalactic war. Well, it's their fault for implanting themselves in the arms of a chemo patient, stupid space-tards.

I must for to go to sleep.

I make the apology of grammar of the badness. Drugs impair my thoughts.

As they say........                Just say no......




to republicans


3 comments:

Lopi said...

Chris,
Please leave more messages when you are on drugs. We love them!!!

Congrats to Selena for making it through phase one of the treatment.

You go girl!
Danny and Lisa

Joel David said...

hahahaha! You funny.
Hey my friends, Have been in all day. Went out to a thing called a "bar" last night and spent my week's budget in a few hours. Sigh. Haven't completely pieced the night together. That's why I don't go out. I have to ask later where I went, how I got home, when I left, with whom, do I have to apologize to anybody, to whom do I owe cab fare, etc. etc.
I'm holding you to the Harry Potter ban, just see if I don't.
BTW Chris, thank-you so much for the music.
XO J-

Cheryl Mae said...

whaaaat?

Asseebola - you rock!

xoxox
Cheryl Mae