Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Eduoard Missed

Looks like we dodged the bullet. Tropical storm Edouard missed us. As of right now we are getting some good rain –which we needed- and a little wind . Funny how everything closed up around here: UTMB (the school and clinics, not the hospital), all the school districts, the city offices, the community college etc. Guess it’s not every day we get a near hit.

Went for a massage yesterday and managed to do about 2 1/2 hours of activity before I shut down. We went to Massage Envy, Fry’s, Post Office, Panera (moms got an addiction), and the gas station. I can’t believe that Fry’s doesn’t have those little scooter baskets, that place is huge.

I think my thrush is gone. I’ve been taking this DISGUSTING medicine to get rid of thrush that was caused by all the antibiotics and stuff. I am now almost free. This stuff is GLICK-EY. Now I can take it once a day instead of 4x.

I’m starting to get used to a bald head. Maybe the wigs won’t get much wear. Mum and Chris have been telling me I have a nice shaped head but they love me so I figured they probably were lying – if only a little. My massage therapist, Merry, said the same thing and now it's easier to believe it. In fact she claims that if her head looked like mine she wouldn’t bother with wigs or hats. I see lots of people who are chemo-fied and end up looking kind of downs syndromish. I’ll wear a wig rather than look like that. I did find a new (to me) birthmark on the back of my neck/head.

Mum has been extremely industrious and managed to get 20 Continuing education credits this weekend! Even better, she did them online! She is becoming computer savvy. Now she should be soon re-certified to work in Texas. The folks at UTMB’s Rebecca Sealy really want her. These days she gets the most phone calls of any of us with all her recruitment people – she’s popular! Like I said earlier, she's a one toe in the water at a time type. Now I'd venture to say she's got almost a whole foot in! Looks like she's moving to Galveston.

Personal note: Denise & Cheryl Mae: I don’t have an email address for you so I can’t respond except on this blog. I am VERY glad to hear from you. Email me selenastair@gmail.com.

Other friends and family: I don’t necessarily have your e-mail addresses, so shoot ‘em to me!

2 comments:

Danny in WeHo said...

Selena! I love your TAXI DRIVER look! It's a little MATRIX-y, too!
I know your "giving up the Coke" pain. I quit drinking Diet Coke a while back, because I was addicted to it... nothing would quench my thirst except the burn at the back of the throat from a Diet Coke. In doing that, I gave up carbonated drinks altogether, thinking, If I'm gonna drink something like that, it'll be diet coke! While weening myself off the stuff, I discovered Izzy. The grapefruit Izzy was heaven! Tart, with just enough sweet and fizzy with sparkling water. Send Chris on a mission to find it! NOW!

I'm glad Eddie missed you guys. I was in Galveston for a couple of Hurricanes that turned into storms, but the really close ones totally shut the place down.

You know what? Your current attention span sounds like it was totally made for YOUTUBE! Short & fun. Search out some of my favorites, "Planet Unicorn", "The Craft Whore" "The Mismatch Game" and of course, "Chico's Angels"!
It takes a little patience while they upload, but it's fun, non-commital viewing... sometimes the hunting for stuff is half the fun!

I'm sending positve energy and love your way,
Danny Casillas

Joel David said...

I was going to write and tell you to keep it clean anyway. It looks great, very tough but approachable.
I agree with The Danny. I love YouTube. Eddie Izzard is great and the majority of the "Britain's got Talent/America's got Talent" (And both apparently have poor grammar) are worth watching, especially the rejects.
Did I tell you about midwestteensexshow.com? FUNNY.
Joel