Thursday, August 7, 2008

Getting smaller...

The lumps are getting smaller!!! Cindy, the Nurse Practitioner who pokes at me every 2 weeks to see if I’m ready for more chemo and tells me I’m a good girl, says they are hard to find! This is obviously a good thing AND the point of all the discomfort and drugs. The prayers, good wishes and energies sent my way can take some credit too – thank you!

I also seem to be getting a bit smaller. The scale is going down...

Today is CHEMO #3. We are officially half way through this part – the AC chemo.

We finally watched the new Hairspray film, which I really liked except that they should have cast a woman instead of John Travolta. The whole transvestite thing didn’t work- there wasn’t a context for it.

I’ve got Mum watching So You Think You Can Dance with me. Love this show! I drive Chris crazy and he can’t watch with me because I have to rewind and watch each number twice. One time to concentrate on each dancer, of course.

4 comments:

Lopi said...

I can't believe you are just seeing Hairspray. I loved it!!! Zac Efron is my new boyfriend. I couldn't get over the John Travolta thing either, but the transvestite thing is an homage to the original movie by John Waters. Still it should have been somebody else.

Smaller is good. Yeah!!!

Love you,
Lisa and Danny

Joel David said...

Love John Waters but no way I was going to make myself sit through John Travolta. No one comes close to Divine.
I am doing a happy dance on top of shrinking lumps!
And raising a glass to the halfway mark. Keep it up my friend.
Joel

Cristen Susong said...

This post made me very happy today. I know it must have been great to hear about the lumps being smaller. I am sorry I haven't posted sooner but we just got the computer set up at the new house. Thinking of you everyday.
Cristen and Scott

Paul said...

Great news!

Smaller. Smaller. Smaller. GONE!

...I'm catching up on your blog.

We are also big fans of SYTYCD. We still have some of last seasons episodes on the TiVo.