Saturday, August 16, 2008

Apology


OK. So I realized when I woke up this morning that the purpose of this blog is not to give everyone a "What did you do today, honey?" perspective of our lives. I realize that you have limited amount of time to read and don't want to read my ramblings. When I 'Stunt Blog' from now on I will keep the posts focused on Selena and how she is feeling and dealing with cancer.

Something I have learned recently is that there is a syndrome called chemo-fatigue, which Selena has right now. What I didn't know is that it can last for years after someone finishes chemotherapy. In most studies 20% of all women that undergo high-dosage chemo-therapy for serious breast cancer such as Selena's will continue to experience the same fatigue for up to ten years after the completion of therapy. The percentage increases to almost 50% if the patient also receives radiation therapy, which she will. What this means is that the women who end up with this under-diagnosed condition have to drastically modify their life in order to cope with the decreased levels of energy. Bummer....

Apologies again for the last two long posts.

6 comments:

Joel David said...

Well I liked the last two posts. In fact I've liked all the posts so far. Oh gods my life must be dreary. Also like the pic of you. Really like all the pics of "Bald Sel." Especially like the bandanna'd Latina convict, "I'll 'effin' cut you beotch!"
Mamet wrote, "Worry is interest paid in advance on a debt that never comes due." I do my best now to take each day as it comes and never try to anticipate troubles that may never materialize. Of course it takes a lot of practice.
Can't sleep. Do you get the feeling I'm turning this into my own blog?
J-

Chris Mitchell said...

Blog away my friend. You are welcome here.

Lopi said...

Chris,

I love your blogs, especially the long ones. It gives us a glimpse into your mind and how you are doing. Plus I love all the side notes. Now I have to find the music for that bad musical, cuz sometimes you just gotta know!

We love you and miss you
Danny and Lisa

James Gowan said...

Chris -- the journey belongs to you both. We interested in the long path and short jaunts hither and yon as well. Please, feel free to use this blog to express whatever you happen to feel like writing. Love you both, James

Unknown said...

I am a huge fan of the "play-by-play". I love all the small details of the daily journey. Good to know exactly how both of your routines are affected. keep the daily grind coming .
Ya'll are always in my prayers.
love ya ,
Lori

Cheryl Mae said...

Chris - I don't mind hearing about what all y'all do during the day...I like the long ones, too!This is about both of you...it gives me some insight as how you are feeling too. I think writing down your thoughts too is quite theraputic...so write on! I like talking with you and Sel....

xoxox
Cheryl Mae