Sunday, August 17, 2008

OUR HOUSE IN GALVESTON
IT SURVIVED

Click above blue link to learn more about the worst natural disaster in the history of the United States. On September 8, 1900 a hurricane hit Galveston and completely submerged the island killing between 6000 and 10,000 people. It has made Galveston on of the most haunted cities in the country because of the untimely death of so many people. I researched our house after we bought it and proved that it had survived the storm. We have a plaque on the front of the house to commemorate this.

Selena was not feeling well at all today. I forgot to tell you that we had to take her to Family Medicine on Wednesday, Aug 13 because she has an ear infection and her thrush in her mouth has returned with a vengeance. Today, she woke up with a sore throat. I examined her (I keep tongue blades in my student doctor kit) and it does not require medical attention yet. Let's hope it is just irritation because some of the medication she has been taking to help her sleep has been causing her to breathe through her mouth more and then her throat dries out when she snores. She was much more fatigued today that usual. Mum and I think she has been pushing herself a little too hard. We stayed home today to make sure she rested all day. Steve, her brother, came from Austin at around 6pm to visit and celebrate Mum's birthday. More Tres Leches cake for all!

2 comments:

Joel David said...

Excellent story about the Storm. I'm guessing humidifiers aren't easy to find there? Having one might help though.
Just got back from a long day of NOT rigging the building but doing pretty much everything else.
Generators are going down so the floor is in jeapardy. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day.
XO J-

Mary Roy said...

Hi Sel,

I received your Thank You note for the care package. I'm so glad you enjoyed the Hoops & Yoyo pillow. They really make me laugh when I need it. I hope you're able to enjoy all of the goodies. They were sent with love and prayers. It sounds like you're not up for talking right now so I will call when I read a blog that sounds like you might be up for it. Until then, I'll stay in touch here. Thanks to Chris, and hi to your Mum. I remember her verrrry well!
Love you,
mary