Friday, May 8, 2009

What a day!

Today was a big day.
  • Went out to eat after my show with some friends/coworkers. This is big because I really haven't cultivated many friends here in Galveston, so I'd say that this was a first in over a year.
  • My students' one act: Gary Grinkle's Battle with Wrinkles and other Troubles in Mudgeville performed this evening. They got most of the lines, and people could hear part of it... The important thing is it was done. The kids had fun.
  • I had to take off my "saran wrap" on my site because I took a shower and it filled up with water. In taking it off I also took off two large patches of skin. Figuring out how to dress the wounds so I could go to school was interesting, and took a while. Yes, it hurts like...well, like someone just ripped off two large patches of skin! I ended up missing the whole morning. If we hadn't had a show today, I would have called in sick.
  • The air conditioning is out in the house and it's 88 degrees in here!
  • I had a migraine this morning and had to take some headache drugs for the first time in months. Remarkable how few migraines I have now that I'm not menstruating.
  • Chris is getting sick. We hope it is just a cold and not the swine flu.

2 comments:

I love Lucy said...

First off, many congratulations on your recovery! You come across as someone with amazing strength and courage and I am so happy that you kicked the cancer right out!

I came across your blog while searching for Paclotaxil. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer about 5 years ago and she underwent a full course of treatment including chemo and a lumpectomy and radiation.She was doing well until recently when they discovered that cancer has metastasized and that it is really advanced and there is not much time left. The doctor mentioned something about a clinical trial for Paclotaxil and thats how I landed here.

Selena Stair said...

Sorry to hear about your mother...although I don't know her, we are all part of a very special sorority that nobody wants to join. Enjoy the time you do have with her. Celebrate life!

Thanks for your comments and congratulations!!