Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Que seroma sera

Lucky me. My seroma (fluid under my mastectomy scar) is building up again. I have an appointment with Dr. Silva on Friday AND this time she wants to put in a drain. She has been using a syringe each time, but this "drain" is an implanted thing that drains continuously. I guess it is kind of like the JP drains I had before. I'm not looking forward to that. I guess this is the solution, maybe it will finally heal the "pocket" closed.

My chest hurts. It has become a superficial pain, like a bad sunburn. Hard to wear anything. Nothing is soft enough.

Got in to Central (my closed due to hurricane school) and got my stuff today! Yay. It is hard to do one's job without one's tools. I now have my resource books, art supplies, and many of my pertinent files. I had to leave the costumes, puppet theatre, files with scripts... Hopefully I will get back in again at some point. Only 6.5 days of school left this year!

1 comment:

Joel David said...

Well good. You need to do what it takes to get healed, ya know?
Glad you got your things from your old school. So much better when you can work comfortably, and supplied.
Saw Sarah and Marco Villareal this weekend and Dr. and Mrs. Leech today. Everyone is well.
Just got my travel orders for work today. Heading to S. America in about a week and a half.
Love the blog. Love the pics of the boys. Can't believe they are buddies now. Just goes to show, you never know.
Much love. J-)