Monday, May 11, 2009

Chris status update.

Chris is feeling better. When I left him he was doing pretty well. I anticipate him coming home tomorrow.

He had gone to Urgent care on Saturday, feeling like he had the flu. They diagnosed him with an upper respiratory infection and sent him home. I thought it was odd.. no meds?

All day Sunday he had high temperatures. Despite taking acetaminophen on a regular schedule, his temp was not going down. I talked to Mum and she suggested strongly that I take him in to be seen again. He was dehydrated, his temperature had come down to 101.5, he had a bad headache and muscle aches, and he was delirious. They admitted him. He was placed in ICU because that was the only bed available - not 'cause he was that sick. They have repeatedly tested him for Flu and he has come back negative each time. He has been receiving Levaquin (antibiotic) and fluids intravenously. The xrayed him and saw pneumonia. He is also nauseous and coughing productively.

Today he started to feel better. He still has a headache, but his pain level is less. He is more alert and communicative. A regular room became available and he was moved. Yes, I have been wearing a mask, to lessen the chances of my getting whatever it is he has.

I am doing OK. I have been wearing my softest tank tops, with no prosthesis or binding. The skin around my site is red, inflamed and scary looking. Yes, it hurts. I have been on regular schedule of ibuprofen, hydrocodone, and sunburn spray with something-cane. Taking a shower is a really special feeling... I will try and contact my doc tomorrow so she can follow me. I REALLY don't need to develop an infection.

1 comment:

Mary Roy said...

Thanks for the updates Sel. When I think of you guys, a prayer goes up.