Sunday, May 10, 2009

Report on last week.

I had a PFT (pulmonary function test) on Thursday and it has been determined that I do not have "standard asthma." They wanted the lab to do another test where they make me cough, but the orders got messed up. I will have to reschedule the cough test. To recap: I have frequent lung infections, you could call it chronic bronchitis, and now that they have ruled out cancer, and standard asthma, they want to see if I have "cough induced asthma" (at least I think that's what the doctor called it.)

I also saw the occupational therapist this week and she says my range of motion is normal - that's good! She wants to massage my arm (to help with the healing/numbness) and my site to prevent hardening. She really can't do much with my site because of the condition of my skin. I did some exercises and she massaged my arm. She also gave me a new foam pad to put under my binding, the idea being to put more pressure and keep the seroma from building up. It doesn't seem to put as much pressure in the right place as the foam "prosthetic" I've been using... Anyway, I can't bind right now because of the skin issues. I guess I'll just have to keep an eye on the seroma.

Thanks to my husband, Chris, for the special trip he made to buy me sunburn spray. He has the flu, and was starting to feel really crummy... Yes, he should not have gone out. No, It's not Swine flu. It has since gotten worse. I have moved into my Mum's room so I have less chance of catching it. Because I am so hopped up on pain meds, Michael, my wonderful brother in law, drove a 3 hour round trip to take Chris to the Urgent Care clinic (that's how we know it's not swine flu)- thank you!!!!

1 comment:

Joel David said...

Ok, you sound really busy in addition to the whole skin-ripping-off and husband-having-the-flu things. But I'm glad you got a show up and are, I assume, feeling a sense of accomplishment. Above and beyond the Herculean accomplishments of the last year I mean.
Just for grins I am going to tell you a really frightening thing I heard tonight that I hope is not true, But fear is.
A number of years back the EP Times did away entirely with reviews of local theater. The excuse was the unending complaints from theaters when they received bad reviews, but I imagine it was a budgetary thing.
What I heard tonight is that a theater can have a show reviewed if they submit a reviewer, whom the paper approves, and the theater pays the reviewer's fee.
"There are no more bad reviews. We love it."
The conversation started with "(Prominent director in town from a very popular/successful theater at which the three of us have worked) is "seeing His reviewer."
I ask you. Ok, done. Thought you'd be interested/appalled.
Love you both very much. Get better.
XO J-)
P.S. If this can be confirmed or denied I'm interested.