Saturday, May 30, 2009

HP again


On Friday I went in and Dr. Silva put in a seroma catheter to drain the fluid I seem to build up continuously. I now have a Jackson Pratt drain, again. It was/is interesting.
That evening my students had a performance of our play, Gary Grinkle's Battle with Wrinkles and Other Troubles in Mudgeville. There was lots of drama! I guess that is the name of the game with middle school girls and has to be expected. We had a broken hand and lost a narrator among other exciting developments.
Today Chris and I went to the UTMB graduation. My nephew Jason became a M.D. today, as did a lot of Chris' friends. Chris was a part of this class and had to postpone graduation for me and the whole cancer thing... It was a nice ceremony and a number of us (family) were able to be there. Patrick took all 9 of us out to eat afterwards. It was nice to just sit and chat with Lauren, Patrick, Jason, Nate, Donna, Michael and Carolyn.

1 comment:

Joel David said...

Sounds like a very nice day, the graduation part, and the dinner, not the drama.
JHS has got to be one of the toughest teaching ages. I know it was a very trying time for me. When I was in JHS not teaching it. You know what I mean.
Finish draining soon.
J-)