Monday, May 4, 2009

Draining day...

The day was "draining" in more than one way.

Brandon, the Weiss teacher I share my/his classroom with, took the day to shop for our show. His 6th graders were riled up! It's Monday, they just finished TAKS and their teacher is not there. Any kind of change makes them crazy. THEN I had to find someone to cover my class 'cause I had to go get my seroma drained. THEN a number of our cast members didn't show for rehearsal, and we open on Friday.

Health wise: Dr. Silva drained 55cc's from my seroma. She hopes that now that radiation is over it will heal and stop building fluid. It was also - and this may be too much information- red. She said that perhaps since the seroma is smaller, she "nicked" the chest wall with the needle and that caused a little bleeding. Terri, the nurse, tried this fancy stuff that is like medical saran wrap to place over my burn. It seems to help. We also put a little numbing cream on it before she "saran wrapped" me. Anyway, I am bound again, to put pressure on the seroma and try and get the "flap" to heal down. Right now it doesn't hurt so much, so maybe the plastic wrap is a good idea. Terri sent me home with extra, so I can replace it. Supposedly the magic number is 10. The skin/burn issues should resolve within 10 days after completing radiation. I wanted a topical solution to the pain because I am just tired of taking pain meds... So I put the ointment on and then was plasticised. This means that for the few days I leave this sheet on, any ointment won't work. So I'm back to the narco. Dr. Silva also wants me to start back on the 800mg Ibuprophen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW! You are SOOO close to DONE!!! Keep on moving forward, pushing through. I am soo proud of you!! Hugs and much love to you and Chris!

-Kara