Thursday, February 12, 2009

THIS IS THE MOMENT, THIS IS THE DAY

WHEN I LET ALL MY DOUBTS
AND DEMONS ON THEIR WAY... Jekyll and Hyde-The Musical

Well the day has come, finally..... Selena is in the OR getting her right breast removed at this very moment. Last night was pretty yucky because she had to drink two litres of this bowel cleansing solution to prep her for the hysterectomy. It tasted REALLLLLY gross and of course made her spend most of the evening in the bathroom. We marked her left breast with "KEEP ME! (Don't' cut off!)."

Selena and I arrived at UTMB at 7am and she got ready for surgery. She was very calm and ready. We met with lots of nice nurses and doctors and they got her ready for surgery. Dr. Silva the Breast surgeon came to see her at 8:40 and then at 8:45 I gave her a big kiss and told her I loved her and they rolled her away. I have been told to expect the surgery to last until 5pm!

I am in the Medical School library trying to study. I can feel some prayers and positive energy flying in from all over the globe into her OR! :)

More later,

Chris

No comments: