Sunday, February 15, 2009

Pictures

This is Selena's attending physician, Dr. Hope, MD. She is a very good doctor. My sister Lori and my two nieces Emily and Ashley hired her to take care of Selena at the Build-a-Bear Workshop in Tyler, TX. 
It was VERY, VERY sweet of them.

Selena the day after surgery with Dr. Hope. 
Selena is groggy from her pain meds.

Selena in her room the day after surgery. She had finally come out of her anesthesia haze and was starting to contemplate coming home. It never entered her mind that it would be an option to come home the day after have a mastectomy/hysterectomy surgery that lasted almost 7 hours. When they took the foley catheter out and she started to cough and had to go to the bathroom and realized her pain was managed a better than she thought and was able to walk she thought "Hmmmm. It might be possible to go home....." I was shocked at her strength, color and attitude. 
She is awesome. 
You may think I have to say this because 
I love her, but she really IS awesome. 

Selena before surgery in her day surgery room.

I wrote this on Selena's left breast with a Sharpie 
so there would be no confusion in the operating room.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad Dr. Hope was there for the journey. And I'm glad you never gave up hope.
"We rejoice in the hope of the glory of God " Romans 5:2

Love ya, Lori

Lopi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lopi said...

Selena,

You are my hero. Stay tough, but let yourself heal!

Chris, thanks for keeping us up-to-date. Having this blog makes it feel like we are right there with you. I hope you know we are always thinking of you.

Be well.

Lisa and Danny

PS The Amazing Race started tonight. Did you get to watch?