Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Can't sleep

It is 2:20 and I can't sleep. This is Very unusual, since I can normally sleep any time. Part of it is that I have to sleep on my back, NOT one of my preferred positions. Another part of it is that my armpit aches - not pain exactly - just an ache that I can't seem to get into a non-ache position. Yet another part is probably that I have slept A LOT of late.

I have eyelashes again! I have arm hair and eyebrows. I have fingernails that need to be cut!

I also still have a heinous cough, so I'm going back to the doctor about it tomorrow. Chris is worried that it has something to do with the mold (mold is everywhere here post IKE) and wants me referred to a pulmanologist. I was worried that coughing after the surgery would be painful, but it is fine. Yes, I'm coughing up suff... But I have my pain well managed. I'm not feeling particularly loopy, so I guess the pills are doing their thing.

My "balls" aren't filling up as fast as they were (jp DRAINS FOR LYMPHATIC FLUID) and I took another shower today. Progress is being made.

I can't say it has been fun, but I do have a weird sense of accomplishment. The cancer has been removed from my body. I freaked Chris out by saying that "I used to have cancer" My logic: The doctors took it and now I don't have it any more. It's in a dish/lab/somewhere. I guess technically I still own it...

1 comment:

Joel David said...

I am so happy to hear you are getting hairy, and naily again.
Yes, you are cancer free. No, you do not still own that.
But just to be on the safe side tell your doctors it's theirs' now. They can keep it.
Love you very much.
J-)