Friday, February 13, 2009

The Morning Report

Mum notes. Well I don't sing but you will all recognize the Lion King reference. I went in to Selena's room about 7p and stayed until 8a. Selena passed a good night, sleeping off and on, managing her pain with a self activated morphine pump. This morning she was chipper ,but hoarse and able to commence her respirometer exercises. Being a teaching hospital she was seen and examined by various residents from the two different services (and the janitor). Not really! Selena is too nice! I always snarl and kick the students out. After one student decided to listen to her chest on top of her brand new incision I thought she might become like her mother. Plan was to have her ambulate and try eating semi-real food. I left her hitting the watery oatmeal. One bite for her, one bite for the bed linen. Chris had returned and had the day shift. Selena has beer very surprised that she feels soo good, pain mostly in lower back and belly,not chest. Wait till the morphine is discontinued..... More updates as they happen. Sorry if this sound like a nursing report! That is exactly what is is! D

2 comments:

Jerry and Mavis said...

Great nursing report. Mum is doing a great job. Happy to hear she is going home. Selena will undoubtly be more comfortable there.

Joel David said...

Donna,
I loved this report. I know I haven't been here but I have been keeping all of you in my thoughts. will update myself and continue to comment.