Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Small complication..

Went to see Dr. Arristea (OBGYN surgeon) today and almost everything went perfectly. She is really happy with my surgery and the results. I do have a little infection around one of my (3) incisions and it needed to be poked at (Ouch) irrigated and packed. I will need to have the dressing/packing changed daily. She hooked me up with a home health agency that is supposed to come and do this at home. Chis would, or will do it, once we have the supplies. Turns out that they didn't have everything in stock at the office today. Chris and I are wondering what this sort of thing costs... Should we just go buy the stuff? Dr. Arristea showed him what she wants done and how to do it.

I will see Dr. Silva tomorrow to have my balls (JP drains) removed. I actually had been hoping to go back to work tomorrow, but I guess it isn't time yet. I have been taking myself off the pain pills, and only need them sporadically and at a lower dose -yay.

Dropped Mum off at the airport. First, we went for Honduran food, yum. It is the closest thing to Panamanian food I have found around here - Arroz con pollo and fried yucca! She is eager to get home, but I sure am going to miss her. I had, at one point convinced her to move here, but the plan was Ike'd. We just might have to re-visit the idea.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I always knew you had balls, girl!! ;-) Keep on hanging in. You are WINNING!!

Love to you both!
Kara

Mary Roy said...

I have to ditto the balls comment!

And turn your attention to the soon- to-premiere Dancing With The Stars. I'm a Jewel fan, but don't know if she can dance. We'll see. I imagine her husband the rodeo rider would have two left feet. Hmm.

SOFT CUDDLY WARM HUGS TO YOU!!

Joel David said...

YOU'RE a fried Yucca. Sorry, just a thing we do at work. Anything anybody says you say they're one. It's funnier in person.
J-)