Thursday, July 16, 2009

yuck

Feeling yucky today. The antibiotics are doing a number on my stomach. Yes, I've started yogurt... Yes, I try and eat a little something before I take them.

I have noticed some more swelling in the center of my chest. It seemed to have gone down, but has now reappeared. Dr. Hatch was concerned about it when I saw her last(weeks ago) and had pressed me to ask Dr. Silva about it when I saw her next - I got distracted by the cellulitis. Since I have an appointment with Dr. Silva tomorrow I'll make sure to ask her about it. I'll bet I need another CT scan... Chris is worried that it's cancer. I refuse to go there.

I have an appointment with the new principal at Weis/Central (my school) to interview for "my job" today at 2:00. This whole process just sucks. They'd be insane to hire anybody else, but I'll jump through the hoops and put on a positive attitude. I'll let you know how it goes.

Today at 3, I have a Pulmanologist appointment to follow up on the tests I took. I'm pretty sure that it's going to be a big waste of time, but I should/will go and have him tell me I don't have asthma.

My cell phone is doing weird things. It never rang when Mr. Heuman, the principal, called; just rolled to voice mail. He just called again and it gave a burpy kind of half ring and then said I missed the call! It was sitting right in front of me on this here desk! I have re-set it, but I can't have this kind of behaviour from my palm - I depend on it too much. I have calendar, to do list, contacts, web, phone, games, I use it for a little flashlight to take my meds at night (so I don't wake Chris) Don't know what I would do without it!!! Actually, the first couple weeks after the hurricane, I had accidentally left it in my classroom so I didn't have it, but EVERYTHING was in upheaval so I guess I just dealt. One of the first things Chris did when he got back on the island was to go to Central and get it. Thank goodness, because they locked the building up with no access shortly after they did the initial damage assessment. Nothing in my room was damaged, I was on the second floor.

I went and tried on prosthetics Tuesday. Weird experience. I have to go back because my insurance has to approve the purchase and the only place close by is "out of network." I'll describe my adventures for you later.

No comments: