Friday, July 31, 2009

Trying hard

So, the letter to the school board didn't go the way I would have liked. I was referred to the Director of HR and we met. She doesn't see the problem - "the policy is open to interpretation" -and assures me that there are positions open. YEAH right! So, I just finished writing a letter to the superintendent letting her know that I have nothing to lose and that I was hoping to give her and the board a chance to fix the problem before I went to the EEOC/ADA, lawyer and the public (newspaper and speaking publicly before the board meeting.) I will also go down there and spend the afternoon camping out - I'll annoy them into giving me a job.

Feeling physically OK. My chest is still a little sore and swollen but seems to be responding to the lymphatic massage that my therapist is doing. She also gives me exercises to strengthen and stretch. I see her twice a week for the next month. The cellulitis appears to have cleared up. I was cleaning the bunny area yesterday and made it really sore...

Didn't get cast in Virginia Woolf. The director was very complimentary to me though saying I gave a wonderful audition and could probably do the role with my eyes shut, she just went with an older couple and I should be grateful I'm still young. Nice words to hear. She hopes I'll be available to audition for the next show she directs...

I'm trying hard to stay positive. I've applied for a few jobs, some of which are over an hour's drive away. Many of them have been filled already...

1 comment:

Joel David said...

Wow. I'm really sorry you are having to go through all this right now . . . or at all. Glad to hear you are keeping your chin up and being so proactive.
Of course you got good comments from the director, you're great.
Keeping a good thought.
Take good care.
XO J-)