Sunday, July 5, 2009

Still in hospital

Chris got me wired up so I can log on here at the hospital - yay!

Doctors have agreed that I'm starting to respond to the antibiotic. In fact, they are increasing the dose today. We are starting to see some improvement.

I got real food this morning! Up till now, I was incorrectly marked down as a diabetic heart patient, so I got gross stuff with no spice or sauce. Who eats dry pasta with no spices, butter or sauce??? Styrofoam may actually taste better. This morning (yay) my eggs had onions and peppers in them AND I was given salt and sugar packets! Didn't even need the salt or sugar... Yummmm, actual food with food flavor!!!

Starting to get restless and needing some exercise, even if is just a walk. I'm trying to do some stretching... My room isn't big enough for much walking.

My IV, which has been in since Thursday is starting to itch. I am actually impressed that I made it so far, since I have allergy to adhesive (tape) and there really is no alternative in securing an IV. Today they will try to change it out and put new tape. I hope that it helps 'cause I could claw my arm off right now it itches so much.

1 comment:

Joel David said...

So I have a few suggestions for the IV tape problem; Stickum, you know, the stuff they use in dorm rooms so you don't put holes in the walls or because they are made of cinderblock and you can't drive nails anyway.
Couldn't you just wrap a few strips of stretchy gauze around your arm? I mean I know we're dealing with a lot of professionals here so you've probably thought of everything but . . . wait for it . . . Barge. It's never let me down. Maybe spirit gum?
Anyway glad the antibiotics are taking hold.
Am feeling your pain. I have just been layed off for another ten days due to Swine Flu concerns, Sigh.
Hope you are home soon. Glad you're wired again. I guess Dr. Chris has his uses.
Take care, J-)