Sunday, July 19, 2009

Lazy Sunday...

Today has been a lazy day. Nice.

Update on my physical state: Stomach in turmoil due to antibiotics. I've gotten to the "drinking Maalox" phase. Dr. Silva asked me to finish out the antibiotics, Bactrim and Clindomyacin, which I finish tomorrow. She'll follow up with me on Friday. There is a little improvement, the site is not so hot and angry looking. It doesn't hurt so much. Dr. Silva attributes the swelling in the middle of my chest to lymphatic fluid related to the infection. She says we'll keep an eye on it and to continue the Ibuprofen, which I take every 6-8 hours. I have a physical therapy appointment on Wednesday.

I was right about the pumanologist. I don't have asthma. They said that I should come see them every year to follow up since radiation does a number on the lungs, but unless I have problems... Thank you and goodbye.

My interview with Mr. Heuman, the new principal, went well. I found it interesting that the letter and resume I spent so much time on never got to him... I gave him an extra copy I had the foresight to bring with me. I like him, and think he'll be good for the school. When I left he said that he had a couple more people to interview and would be making a decision early this week. I cannot imagine -honestly- that anyone would be better for this/my job than me, but I am nervous because ANYTHING can happen. Please send a prayer and/or good energy my way.

Chris and I had a nice anniversary. We don't exchange gifts, never have, so it was funny when he kept presenting me with little things he picked up from around the house! I got a "happy anniversary flower" he had made out of Kleenex and a toilet paper roll... Happy anniversary mustard... Happy anniversary Gatorade lid... Happy anniversary dirty underwear... One of the things I love most about him is that he can make me laugh. We were able to spend the day together and went to dinner and saw the Harry Potter movie. It was great. It was very "romantical" when as we were leaving the Olive Garden, 'cause it was raining, we just sat on the bench holding hands, talking and enjoying watching and smelling the rain. Ah, the little things.

2 comments:

Mary Roy said...

What a treasure you both have, and are.

Joel David said...

Sweet post. Miss you both very much right now.
J-)