Friday, July 18, 2008

Today was a great day!

Today was great and very gifted day. Let me count the reasons in no particular order:
1. Today Chris and I have been married for 14 years! I'm hoping for AT LEAST 14 more.
2. I felt pretty darn good. Good enough to do the next couple of things on the list.
3. Mom, Chris and I went and got a massage. I have a membership at Massage Envy - it was a gift to myself about a year and a half ago bought with some inheritance(thanks Ken) money - well worth it. I went to get my monthly massage today. I just randomly was booked with Merry, a therapist I've had before and liked. Here the world gets a little of what my Dad used to call Oogoo Moogoo. She recently got extra training in Oncology (cancer) Massage! She knew stuff I didn't know about when I shouldn't have a a massage, how I can use massage for pain management and how to deal with my port-o-catheter. She gave me a great massage, her schedule, a few stretches I can do(even in bed), and more info. I've found my own personal therapist! Mom had a such a good massage she signed up for a membership too. These little things make it clearer that she really is intending to move over here! Yay! Moms best with little steps...
4. We went out to eat at Hans Mongolian BBQ. I/We love this place and Mr. Han is always so nice. He didn't comment on the hair; At first I was wondering if he really recognized me, but as we were leaving he invited us(jokingly - I think) to come back tomorrow 'cause he's sure it'll be busy and he'll need some help. Food there is always great. Since you make it yourself you get exactly what you want!
5. Received flowers from my dad, Nelson Borrero! Beautiful yellow roses and daisies in a happy face mug - Even a grouch would smile at these flowers and they smell amazing.
6. My friend Mauri sent me a really COOL Batik headcovering. I will be stylin. It almost makes me eager for the stuff to fall out already.

Now the not so good: Shy persons skip to the end here. I won't go into details but, chemo changes the soft(mucus membrane) tissues. My mouth is much more delicate now. The inside of my cheeks feel very different and my gums are very sensitive. If the toothbrush slips I bleed. The other end of me is also very delicate right now. No blood! But I have to pee a lot for all the liquid I'm supposed to drink and all the extra action in the neighborhood has caused some "irritation." I think the entourage and I have found a solution. We're going to treat it like diaper rash for now. Email me if you have any revelations...prior experience?

2 comments:

John said...

Congratulations on 14 years! We love you Selena, anything you need, we are just a phone call away. All our love, John and Re.

Jerry and Mavis said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Chris.
Sounds like you had a marvelous day. . . . and your Mom got a membership too. Neat!!

Glad to hear you are feeling so well. Keep it up.

Our love,