Thursday, July 31, 2008

Another day...

This was a pretty good day. I made it through 2 hours of an 8 hour in-service training. It was interesting, I wish I could have stayed. Mum went with me and I wore a scarf as to not advertise the cancer - hey, not everything is about me or should be. Came home and ate some leftovers from the meal Cindy(a neighbor) made for us. Yes, before I crashed. Told you it was a good day! She had treated us to some homemade spinach mannicotti, corn on the cob and an awesome jello salad. I'm having some jello salad right now with ice cream - takes me back to kid-hood. It's soul food. Told you it was a good day! I don't have much of an appetite these days so I must brag on the good stuff.

Feeling really bushed. In the last 2 days I did manage a walk on the beach and to watch Bewitched(cute, mindless), some shark week stuff and talk on the phone to Becky (formerly Horner - might as well be a cousin), Becka, my sister, and Jade my neice(and her doll Elizabeth who has a broken leg-yes she talks!). Becka lives in LA and said that the earthquake shook her car side to side while she was in it but otherwise was a non event. Phew!

1 comment:

Cheryl Mae said...

Hey...had woodwind quintet practice this morning! The quintet consists of Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon, and French Horn. We have a gig coming up in the next week and a half or so...we were playing a passacaille (a dance in 3/4 time) - it's michievious, it's playful, it's fun - reminded me of you! You also inspired me and my group to play a Debussy piece - Clair De Lune, to be exact, nd the Pachelbel Canon. So...that's my musical tribute to you! You're inspiring me! Hope you're having a wonderful day!!

xoxoxo
Cheryl Mae