Tuesday, July 29, 2008

New day, new doctor

Went to the doctor again today, Chris and I are both worried about my agitation and never-ending cough. I saw yet another doctor, although he was great. I’m going to try and work my way through everyone who works there… kidding. This guy is in charge of the residents in Family Medicine and Chris would like to work for him someday; he certainly was kind. Anyway I got a prescription for Clonepin (anti anxiety drug) a refill on my cough syrup and a referral for an echocardiogram. The echocardiogram is on Friday. We just want to make sure that this cough (and yes, it has changed) is not related to a side effect from the chemo where it damages your heart.

Mum went to a UTMB (University of Texas Medical Branch) job fair today and was much in demand. She got 2 job offers and a lot of interest from an agency. Daily she gets closer to moving here… I’m glad she was such a hot commodity – I’m sure her ego can stand it!

I’ve been trying to entertain myself – something I am terrible at. I have a couple of books started that I can’t sit still long enough to read and a bunch of small tasks that should keep me busy but don’t motivate. Wish I was a “crafty person”

Went out a few times this weekend, Target, Hobby Lobby etc… I actually broke down and rode in the scooter at Target! I hate to admit, but it sure made the shopping easier and we were able to stay long enough to get almost everything we wanted instead of going home after I ran out of oomph.

Health wise, I’ve been queasy and having to take my anti nausea meds a bit more often. I’m tired. Weird feeling. I’m tired but I can’t sit still and the meds make me unable to concentrate on much, at least not enough to distract myself. I'm starting to get on my own nerves.

This Thursday, I am supposed to go to a teacher in-service from 9-4. Can I make it? If walking down two aisles at Walgreen's requires a post trip nap, I don't know how much of the day I'll be able to manage. my plan of attack is to stake out a chair and try to move as little as possible. Any wagering???

4 comments:

Joel David said...

I am wicked addicted to crosswords. It sucks 'cause when I'm overseas they are hard to come by. USA Today has a decent puzzle page. I'll pick up any city paper and sometimes carry the puzzle around for weeks trying to finish it. I rarely finish them if they run past a week or more. Still it can be really diverting.

Cheryl Mae said...

Well, Well, My Sel...
I'm gonna see if this does the trick. I've been trying to write to you for the past two weeks, and I can't seem to get this blogging thang down! Anyhoo...
Not a day goes by that I don't think of you! Remembering our deep friendship, escapades, excursions, travels, and memories makes me guffaw...hard. Thank you, Chris, for giving me (and everyone else) this gift what a great idea. Okay...the Travis Bickle/Robert DeNiro hair thang - you are certainly working it.
As far as the "mum" thang - heard it in Canada as well as England, too (thanks, Joel). Oh yeah, luuv your Thomasville-looking posh Chair of Comfort. I'm glad you can just "park it" when you wanna. A wonderful gift from Steve!
I want pics of your new hairstyles...what colors? Very happy that lady was able to help you. Everything and anything for my Sel.
Happy belated Anniversary...I always remember 'cause yours is about a week before mine. Tom sends his love to you all.
Crosswords...word-searches, sudoku, cryptograms, try those...or maybe a regular puzzle. It would help.

I love you, Sel.

My dear friend...xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxox
Cheryl and Tom ;o)

Cheryl Mae said...

Okay, Sel...

I had to do it again...to make sure I did it correctly...I know, I'm a dork. But I haad to...just like Joel! I'm so glad this works, and I can talk to you a lot.

Luuuuv ya!
Cheryl Mae ;o)

dsigns said...

Sabrina - Are you telling me I'm missing out by not watching "So You Think You Can Dance?"

I am so stuck on "Project Runway" and "Top Chef" that if I miss a show I become cranky, anxious & really unmanageable. I am still sorting out some issues regarding sequence gaps from last season...
Do you think I need professional help?

If I start watching SYTYCD I'll have make the full-blown commitment or be forced to reckon with my need for linearity. A reasonable symptom of random life, I suppose.

On a recent road trip we stopped off at Petro. I smiled all the way thru my chicken fried steak & eggs, thinking of you & trucked-in gravy.

If you feel up to it, email me. My address is: denisesigns@yahoo.com

Could you please tell Donna I have lost the recipe for cranberry pudding & would she please remind me of how it goes?

You are in my heart & thoughts. Be well. Love you - d