Friday, July 25, 2008

Neulasta day


Yesterday Chris shaved most of my head. My hair started falling out and I decided that it was time. We went for a Mohawk -just because. Today we went to pure bald. It feels creepy and my head is cold.


Yesterday was Chemo #2 and I tolerated it alright although I am a bit nauseous and was yesterday as well. Luckily, the anti nausea meds work well. If the oral doesn't work, they gave me suppositories! Joy. Found out that they don't order the meds from the pharmacy until you show up! Cancer is all about waiting.


Today went to get the neulasta shot and only had to wait 45 minutes. This is good. Then Mom and I went to Big Lots where I found and bought "Bald Guyz" cream for my head - who knew they made sucha thing? Bought a bunch of other crap and then on to Sally's Beauty supply. We were in the market for wig stuff. I got some heads, shampoo and conditioner etc... I also got a temporary tattoo to put on the back of my head!


Came home tired, ate, shaved off the hawk and took a nap. BTW my mom makes an AWESOME burger. We are waiting right now for chair delivery!!!

2 comments:

Joel David said...

DUDE,
Ok, love you rocking the mohawk. Knew you would do it and so proud. Very. Tough.
So hope this posts. Tell the Chris he rocks for setting this up for me. I'm lame, I know.
I am busy like a busy . . . person who is super . . . busy. Ok, I didn't even read this post 'cause I was so excited to be able to comment I just jumped right in. Maybe I should just E-mail after all.
LOVE you. Rock on.
Joel

Joel David said...

IT WORKS . . . shhhhh.