Saturday, November 29, 2008

Does it ever stop?

New indignity of the week -Gross but true-some of my toenails are coming off. The side effect list said "nail changes" and I assumed it meant the lovely ridges I already have in my finger and toenails. Now I get to lose my toenails? Mind you, I am not all that attached to my toenails, never thought much of, or about them... I just find this gross and slightly uncofortable. I wonder if this will extend to my hands?
Chris is still here... He changed his ticket so he can be here for my last Chemo - he leaves on Wednesday. I hope that gives him enough time to do what he needs to do to the house before I can go home.
I haven't been home since September 11! I understand it is going to be different, but I want to go home! My ticket is for December 7.
I'm starting to feel better after Chemo #11. Reminder, I only have one left!!! I will have had 16 in all, counting the AC. This chapter is almost over.

3 comments:

Lopi said...

YEHAW!!!

You are so close to the end. I can't imagine the elation/ relief you must feel. We are always thinking of you. Glad you are going home soon!

Happy Birthday and Happy Thanksgiving. Say hello to Chris.

We love and miss you both.

Danny and Lisa

Unknown said...

That is great news about the procedures being almost over!! Hang in there, girlie! How is the house coming along? Much love to you both!!

Kara

Mary Roy said...

Yes, it does and will stop. There will come a day when you will "run and not grow weary. You will walk and not faint..." You will mount up on wings like eagles. You will be strong and vibrant and alive. You will have toenails.

I thought I remembered your b'day being in November. I hope it was sweet. There should be a package for you in Galveston soon.

Love, love and more love,
m