Thursday, November 13, 2008

Chemo #9

I have only 3 left! Had #9 on Tuesday, which went well, with the following exceptions: they went in through my hand (IV) and i could feel EVERYTHING going in and my blood is too thin. I have an appointment this morning to go get my levels checked because I've been off the Coumadin for 2 days and they may have regulated me. In future I may have to take a half tablet each day.

Had a bit of fun last night. It was a good day for me and I had a craving for Thai food. Mum and her friend (and mine) Sandy went to Thai Palace and had Crab Rangoon, Tom Kha Gai, and Pad Thai and then went to Perkins and had coconut cream pie. We had everything family style, shared and stuff and chatted a lot. We talked about my job and I started to miss it... Then I came home and watched the premier of Top Chef - love that show.

The Galveston news said that my school suffered $17.1 million dollars in damage from the hurricane. They have crews in there now trying to get everything back to order so we can go back in January.

Chris had a terrible horrible no good day yesterday - seems a transformer was throwing sparks near our house, then the power went out, he stayed up all night to make sure that our house would not catch fire 'cause the transformer was still sparking. Then it rained soaking some of the new duct work in our house (roof isn't repaired yet). Then he went out to the car to find a flat tire. Called AAA to change the tire. Went to FEMA and was told the resubmitted request to pay for the generator needed a note from the doctor saying he really does have asthma. Then we were turned down for a FEMA loan. Then he couldn't find a place to fix the tire. Please continue to send your prayers and good wishes his way. Right now it sucks to be him.

4 comments:

Jerry and Mavis said...

Hey, "Murphy's Law" seems to be working overtime. Right now we have a cousin and a niece diagnosed with cancer as well. So now they have been included in the prayer list as well. Sounds like you had fun on your outing and "Mum" knows all the good places to eat there too.

Our love,

Lopi said...

I can't believe that you're so close to the end of the first step in this process. WOW! Keep on truckin'! ha ha

Mickey used the pictures from your blog to do a project on Hurricane Ike for his class. He got the highest score for making a personal connection.

Love and wishes to you both!
Lisa and Danny

Joel David said...

Of course Donna knows all the good places to eat-) Could use some Thai food myself.
Keeping good thoughts for all of you.
J-)

Unknown said...

Hi hon,

How are you doing? Congrats to almost being done with this tough part. Yoooo can doooo it!!

Whats the latest on the house? How is Chris faring? Sending lot's of good vibes and love to you both. Looking forward to your next update.

Much love,
Kara