Monday, November 24, 2008

Only 2 left!

Sorry it's been so long - yes, I've been avoiding blogging. I find myself too depressing.

Chris is here!!! Some VERY generous people bought him a ticket to come visit me in Florida for Thanksgiving and my birthday. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I love having him here and have missed him terribly. Guess I married the right guy, huh?

Yesterday we went to get a massage and had some Peruvian food(yes, Peruvian). Chris is taking a class right now about alternative medicine so he also went to see a acupuncture/Chinese medicine guy this morning. Sandi, Mum's friend and mine will do some hypnosis and Reiki on him today or tomorrow. So, he's working on this vacation...

Tomorrow, Tuesday, is my birthday. I will be 45. I am grateful to have gotten here, but HOW did I get here? I will celebrate by starting my day with Chemo #11! That means I have only 2 left. After tomorrow, only one!!! I have also made a request for a Cuban food birthday celebration.

Before Chris came to Florida, he 'found' my surgeon and cancer OBGYN! They are both practicing near Galveston and he has made appointments for me for after I go back on the 7th. The hospital in Galveston opened today (300 less beds!) so I don't know if I will have my surgery there or on the Mainland. I don't know if my doctors will return to Galveston...there were big layoffs at the University of Texas Medical Branch. Surgery is the next step.

Tonight is Dancing with the Stars finale...guilty pleasure soon to be over.

4 comments:

Joel David said...

In fact I was going to E-mail you when I decided to visit the blog to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Do you know how long we've known each other? Well pretend it's half as long and we can still be friends. So glad Chris is there. Love you both. Happy bidet.
J -)

Marie said...

Happy Birthday, Selena, and YES, Chris is certainly the Hubby of the Year. May your coming year be ever so much better than the last one.

All best wishes for the most wonderful and meaningful Thanksgiving ever,

Marie (aka TJ), her hubby, Geordie, and the cat who owns them, Riley (as in "Living the Life Of")

Jerry and Mavis said...

Happy Birthday !! Enjoy your day and the celebration. So happy to hear that Chris is there to celebrate with you.

Our love,

Cheryl Mae said...

Dearest Sel,

Happy belated birfula...I had forgotten that you and my dad share the same birthday month. My...you are such a multi-ethnic foodie!! You always tried stuff more than me - and always have been more brave!

xoxox
Cheryl Mae
p.s. I will not discuss my age or how long we've known each other...it's a nice feeling, though.