Tuesday, December 2, 2008

ONE DAY MORE.....

SHE'S THE BRAVEST INDIVIDUAL!!!!
Hi, this is Chris and today is Selena's final day of chemo here in Bradenton, FL. YEAH!!!! I got to come to Florida for Selena's Birthday (Tuesday, November 25) last week and Thanksgiving. Two classmates of mine in Galveston bought me an airline ticket to come see her. We could not afford for me to come because financially things are a real mess right now with her cancer, the hurricane house mess and the car. It was so kind of them to do this for me. I couldn't believe it.
I made a really cute celebratory sign today and posted it around Mum's condo in a few places. It says:
YOU'RE THE BRAVEST INDIVIDUAL!!!!
and the background of the picture is a ferris wheel. This is from the musical SWEET CHARITY. In the musical the couple falling in love (there's always a couple falling in love in a musical, right!) are stuck on a ferris wheel and one of them is afraid of heights so the other one convinces them that they are not afraid but rather THE BRAVEST INDIVIDUAL.
The chemo treatment has been a lot like a ferris wheel ride with many ups and downs. (Too many downs in my opinion, I think maybe our ferris wheel has a momentum problem!)
I think Selena is the bravest individual. She has shown so much courage, strength and optimism and I am so proud of her.
Chris
By the way, the title of this blog if from LES MISERABLES!!! I am still such a musical theatre queen. :)

No comments: