Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Selena Rings the Bell

Selena got to ring the bell at the Bradenton Cancer Center to celebrate her "graduation."

She has just finished 21 weeks of chemo therapy.

We really want to thank every one's thoughts, prayers and kindness for getting us through this difficult part of the treatment. The road ahead is not going to be easy but Selena has gotten through a very, very difficult part of the treatment with great optimism and determination.

Selena,

I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!

Chris

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, this is sooo great!! I KNEW you could do it, Selena!! I am very proud of you both. Chris, you are also pretty damn brave in my book, even if you are a Musical Theatre Queen! ;-) Love you guys!

Kara
xoxoxo

Mary Roy said...

I'm ringing all the bells here too! It's a veritable cacophony of bell-ringing!

Chris, bells are ringing for you. You have both persevered and faced your situation with courage. Your love for Selena could move mountains.

Joel David said...

Hey my friends!
So sorry to be out of touch. Access in Athens was next to impossible. Have just caught up on the blog and see I am WAY behind.
Sel, I'm so glad to hear you are done with the chemo. You are so tough. You're my hero.
Chris, I love the bow-tie. I used to wear them sometimes when I worked at Kinko's and ties were a requirement. I tie my own . . . I'm just saying.
Hope the house repairs run apace and that you are back home, Sel, as soon as possible. Believe me when I say I know what being 'adrift' is like.
Love you both very, very much. Keeping good thoughts all the way.
Oh, got a letter from my mom saying of COURSE she remembers you, and that you are in her prayers. I'll catch her up on developments.
Thinking of you.
J-)