Saturday, December 6, 2008

Pictures

Here are a couple of pictures of stuff around Galveston.

This house was completely knocked off of its piers by the storm surge. I have the feeling this house will be condemned and not rebuilt. You can see the original height of the house by looking at the outdoor deck to the left that did not fall down.


This does not look that big in the picture, but it is actually a huge tree that washed up on the beach a few days ago. It looks about 25-30 feet tall.
I could not get a picture that had anything in it to represent scale.

MY BOWTIES

This picture is for Joel David... as you were saying... you tie them yourself... I believe this indicates that I have bowtie skills as well. When I was practicing for my medical school interviews I kept joking with Selena that when my interviewers asked what kind of doctor I wanted to be, I was going to answer "A Bowtie Doctor!" Well, this idea stuck and I pretty much exclusively wear bowties instead of long ties. The bowties are fun, unique and are much more sanitary. They never drape onto a patient and transfer bacteria and viruses from patient to patient. Also, pediatric and psychiatric patients can't grab them and choke you! I have actually become a Bowtie and Suspenders doctor. It makes me look like an old time General Practitioner. Which is exactly what I want. (Also, the suspenders help keep my pants up!)

1 comment:

Joel David said...

Your cool quotient just went off the charts. How dorky does that make me?
XO J-)