Friday, October 31, 2008

Selena is in the Hospital

The news in this post is not very good. Selena is in the hospital. She is in surgery right now having the chemo port removed. She has been having pain in her arm, shoulder and neck all week and went yesterday to have an ultrasound. It was discovered that she has multiple thromboses (clots) in the subclavian, axillary and carotid veins. This is very dangerous because if they break apart they could cause go into the lungs and cause a pulmonary embolus. This could result in a serious complication from difficulty breathing to heart attack to death. I am not trying to be an alarmist, I am just trying to convey the seriousness of this situationl. She is on medication to dissolve the clots and to stop more of them from forming. Mum will post more when she gets out of surgery and knows more. I am at the FEMA disaster relief center and thought I would type a quick update.

3 comments:

Mary Roy said...

We're praying praying praying. Chris, please know we are praying just as deeply for you.
xo,
m

Becky H said...

Selena & Chris,

We are praying for you! After all we can't loose another 'sister'! Our prayers go out to Donna, Becca & family, Steve, Nelson & your family also. Selena, get well, hospital food sucks!

Becky Horner Hunter

Unknown said...

I am thinking good, strong thought for you both. My heart is with you, Chris (and with Selena). You stay strong. She needs you. Call me if you need to, ok? I love you both and am sending you lots of big, strong hugs.

Love,
Kara