Saturday, October 25, 2008

First chemo in Bradenton

Mum Notes: Well Selena had paclitaxel #7, her first in Florida, on Thursday. All went well. The infusion center is huge. A large room with 36 chairs, yes I counted them, in sections of 12 ceah a different colour. We sat in the blue room and had a nurse named Dianne. The gave her all the usual antinausea stuff but she had asked the MD to evaluate the dexamethasone as it made her so restless and antcy and she had never been nauseated on this chemo. He dropped the pre dose and decreased the iv dose to 10mg form 20mg. All was fine and we went out to Cortez kitchen for snapper sandwiches and fishing village atmosphere. Friday was another good day and we watched a lot of TV and had some good girl talk.
Selena received a parcel from Mary - good stuff - great warm halloween sox (she always has cold feet) a great candle and the cutest little pink duck with the breast cancer ribbon. Mary, I think
you got a twofer
as I enjoyed seeing the goodies as much as Selena did.
Today we had apts for mani' and pedi's but Selena woke up nauseated and needed to take the compazine she hasn't needed since the summer but the nausea did subside so we went to see Audrey who obligingly did the two pedicures and rebooked the mani's for next week. She has had a milkshake and is in bed. We will see how she does when she wakes. I have to go get mac 'n cheese, as that's the thing when she is poorly.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Selena,

My continued love and support to you.I am so glad you are with your mum. And that is great news about Chris' progress on the house. When you - or him - are up to it, I would love to know more on the latest progress. I tried to reach him on his b-day, but expect he was pretty tied up. No worries.

Love to you both!
Kara

Joel David said...

"Mum" All your posts are food themed. I'm just saying. I usually get hungry reading them and have to remember to eat before I check the blog.
Love you Sel. Think of you every day. I don't think of that lazy good-for-nothing husband of yours though. May fleas eat his under shorts ;-) J-

Mary Roy said...

Glad to know you received package. Enjoy, both of you. Thanks Donna! Candle is soy-based, non-toxic.
xo,
m