Saturday, October 11, 2008

Day by day

Yesterday I had my ultrasound and chemo- everything went well. I took Chris with me (I drove) since he had been driving all night to get here. He brought a lot of moms stuff that I am taking back to her today when I fly to Bradenton.

Dr. Basile has found me a doctor in Bradenton who will take me and keep me on schedule, just have to call on Monday.

I kind of hate to leave here, everyone has been so supportive and welcoming. Pat, Carolyn and Chris set up Matthew's old bedroom as a TV lounge for me and the whole family has been beyond, beyond, good to me. I can't even begin to express my gratitude. I have felt loved here.

5 comments:

Joel David said...

You're loved EVERYWHERE my friend.

Joel David said...

It's funny, when I was in Rio we got a couple days off. They were both rained out and miserable. We went up to Corcovado anyway to see the Cristo, which we couldn't for the fog. Also no view of Rio from the mountain top. On the way to work the next day some people were whingeing about the weather. I commented that I have friends who have been displaced by a hurricane and are dealing with the potential loss of all their worldly goods. We rode to work in relative quiet after that, probably because no one wanted to call me an a-hole to my face.

Becky H said...

Selena,
You have made such great progress. Even though it feels like the biggest boulders keep falling down as you climb the mountain. Keep reaching for the star at the top of the mountain, you'll get there. Fill out the FMLA papers for school. They'll have to keep your job for you. You'll be back to work as soon as you reach that mountain top. Watch out for the wildlife!
Becky

Unknown said...

You are very loved here. We all miss you! :(

Paul said...

You may have heard my voice mail by now. I did get Chris his Schlotzky's for an early b-day treat.

I sense a pivotal shift. From now on, it's all good news!