Thursday, January 29, 2009

The newest news...

The doctors have tentatively set February 12th as my surgery date. That should give me enough time to finally shake this cough! It looks like I'll have to sign all new pre-op paperwork because there is a month between.

Mum and I went to see "Chorus!" at Houston Grand Opera yesterday and had a good time. They do these teacher workshops where you can get CPE's, dinner, a workshop, and tickets to the final dress for $35 (for two people!) Can't beat it. It is hard to find Fine ARts CPE's.

I hurt my foot last week, Friday, when one of my darling students knocked a chair off the stage on to my instep. I'm Ok, nothing was broken. But they did find an old break! I'm guessing it was from the summer I had a "sprained ankle" and couldn't put weight on my foot for 6 weeks. All these tests I've been through have shown some interesting things: I have broken my right ankle and a lower rib and Never Knew!

2 comments:

Joel David said...

Wow! that makes me wonder what hidden injuries I may have had. I've been pretty banged up a time or three.
Will keep a good thought for continuing back on schedule. Take care. Love to Mum and Chris.
J-)

Joel David said...

Oh, hey, wanted to tell you a story. We were in Malmo, Sweden last week and went out to a local pub for a friends b-day. It's getting late, I am visiting the WC. A guy comes in and notices my Chess sweatshirt. He touches my arm and strikes up a conversation and . . . really, basically just hits on me. In the bathroom! So I walk out and a second later feel a hand on my shoulder. Yikes! I turn and it's my SM. He'd been in the stall and heard the whole thing! "You thought I was him, didn't you? Haha" I'm never hearing the end of it. Sigh.