Tuesday, January 20, 2009

STILL SICK-YEAH OBAMA!!!!

Selena is still sick. Her bronchitis is REALLLLLY bad. Did you get that. REAAAAAAALLLLLLYYYYYYY bad. She sounds like she is trying to cough up her lungs she is coughing so hard. her doctor does not think she has pneumonia but has sent her for a chest XRay that was suspicious and then sent her for a CAT Scan today to further evaluate her. She has been taking asthma nebulizer treatments and cough medicine and sleeping alot again. It is really sad because the week before she got this she was starting to have some energy again and now she is back to chemo level of energy.

We have not watched the inauguration yet. We TiVo'ed it and are going to watch it tomorrow. Selena is already in bed and I am back in school in a psychiatry rotation so I am off to bed.

Even if you didn't vote for Obama and don't like him. Pray that he is able to accomplish good things for this country. Our country is sure hurting right now.

hugs,

Chrus

4 comments:

Mary Roy said...

It's invigorating to see the country so jazzed. Our President is a rock star. The crowd is insane when they're walking on Pennsylvania Avenue. Enjoy the inauguration. We're praying for you and Sel every day. I don't know your beliefs Chris, but I believe that your creator is with you every moment. I hope you can experience the comfort of that.

Unknown said...

Well, I know its no comparison, but I had a 102 fever and bad cold the past few days. Thankfully, the fever has lowered significantly. My out patient foot procedure is tomorrow at the hospital and they want that fever gone before putting my under anesthesia. I still feel icky today but it is much more manageable and cold medicine is helping.

Hang in there you guys!

Love,
Kara

Mary Roy said...

I don't know if you guys are into health foods, real foods, traditional foods or clean eating, but you might want to read about Kombucha, a fermented tea. I've been drinking it for a while. There are stories of people curing themselves of cancer. Here is a site below that might interest you. I'm going to start making my own cuz it can cost $3-$5 a bottle! Especially here in California. Let me know if you try it...


http://gtskombucha.com/larainedave.html

Marie said...

Hey Selena and Chris,

Ole TJ here, just lurking and keeping tabs. This may not be of any use but thought I'd mention, just in case. I suffered from allergy related bronchitis due to constant post-nasal drip until I tried a Neti-Pot every other day in the shower. Not to be too "colorful" but it purges gunk built up in my sinuses to the point where not only do I not have the wrenching, bronchial coughing day and night, but I almost never have to even use an allergy pill anymore. Anyway, for what it's worth and if the docs approve, it's all natural (just a saline powder in lukewarm water you pour from nostril and out the other via miniature tea pot with spout) and you can get them cheap at most drug store/pharmacies.

Glad you are back home with the bunnies and I think Selena's new hairdo is spiff.

XO,
Teej