Sunday, January 11, 2009

OPERATION POSTPONED

Selena's surgery for Monday, January 12 has been postponed. She has developed a very serious case of bronchitis and cannot tolerate the surgery. It will probably be 10 days - 2 weeks until she will be able to have her surgery. She is currently on antibiotics for her the bronchitis but we are going to get her into a doctor tomorrow to further evaluate her to make sure it is not pneumonia. She had a very bad coughing fit last night in which she a plug of phlegm get stuck in her airway and she stopped breathing. I was just getting ready to do the Heimlich when she dislodged it. She has been taking asthma nebulizer treatments several times a day to help open her airways.

Selena's mother and brother come this weekend. Mum is here to stay for the surgery. Steve went home this evening. My sister Lori, God Bless her, came down and helped me clean the house up so that Mum would have a place to sleep. I had been using that room as a storage room since the hurricane and had actually never even cleaned the floors properly. I could not have done it without her. She is my guardian angel.

I have set the bunnies up in the dining room again. This time I have only given them one cage to sleep in at night. It is the only good thing to come from Hurricane Ike. After five years fighting and biting and living together like a couple of grumpy old men, my two boy bunnies, HAAS and COININ have finally bonded and will cuddle with each other. It is really nice to see them grooming each other and having positive social interactions instead of Coinin biting Haas' rear-end.

I start on Psychiatry tomorrow, my first clinical rotation since Pediatrics in June when Selena was diagnosed.

Hope everyone is well,

Chris

1 comment:

Joel David said...

Hey my friends,
Sorry to hear about the postponement, but confident all will be well. Hope the cough clears quickly. Keeping you in my thoughts.
Just got E from Ms. Wod. She has run away and joined the circus! She is on the Ringling Bros Red Unit, which means we work for the same company now. Thought you'd like to hear.
Take care. Much love,
J-)