Monday, April 13, 2009

Today was...OK

Went for radiation this morning and was supposed to see Dr. Hatch afterwards. In walks the "other doctor" from last week!!! Background: I am supposed to see Dr. Hatch every Monday and was supposed to see her the day I started as well - a Wednesday. Four (4) times in all so far! Each time it was a new doctor. Weeelll, last time I let the new doctor know how frustrated I was about this. It went something like this: "I'm sure you are a good doctor and a nice person, BUT I chose to drive 3 hours each day so I could be treated by doctor Hatch NOT a rotating cast of doctors." The short of it- today, in walks last week's new doctor (the one who got the venting) sees the look on my face and says "Guess who will be back on Wednesday?" And wants to know if I would rather wait until Wednesday to see her? My answer was not "DUH", but that was the subtext...

This afternoon went for Occupational Therapy. I didn't get lost on the way, so I had a half hour to sit in the car and listen to my book. I'm finally "reading" New Moon. Anyway, can't say that therapy was fun, exactly, but it seems to be doing some good. My range of motion is better from using the stretching exercises she taught me last time and she gave my arm/shoulder a good workout and massage. The idea is to stretch my skin and muscles so I don't lose mobility. Not the usual "feel good" massage but I know it's good for me. I see her again next Monday.

No comments: