Friday, April 17, 2009

TGIF

Finally got to see Dr. Hatch on Wednesday. See the previous post to get the details on that saga... She was concerned about my having gone to the pulmanologist and was concerned about my fatigue. It looks like I'm one of those people on the wrong end of the bell curve for fatigue with radiation. In fact, I couldn't make it to treatment on Tuesday because I was so tired and didn't feel safe to drive. Luckily I have only 8 more left, because it is starting to compound. Dr. Hatch said that it is cumulative, so I'll probably get even more tired and my skin will get more raw before it's over.

Disappointing news of the week: The pulmanologist's report, which Chris has access to as a med student, indicates that the reason they want to follow me up is that they suspect (I prefer to think of it as "rule out") cancer in my lungs. Turns out that when a pulmanologist reads the CT scan I had a few months ago, they see something that nobody else saw. I'm trying not to get freaked. My cough HAS RESOLVED so that would indicate good things... I have another CT scan on Thursday, so we'll see. The pulmanologist said that because the previous CT was done while I had the cough, that it could "very well turn out to be focal pneumonia, which has since resolved." Send good vibes and prayers my way, please.

Went to a Job fair especially for teachers from Galveston who were impacted by the "reduction in force" and it was odd that everyone I talked to asked me to apply on-line. I did get asked for a few resumes, but still. What exactly was the point of the fair? I guess this weekend is all about rest and on-line applications.

2 comments:

Joel David said...

They should have just video-conferenced the job fair. Seriously, we could be saving a LOT of time and money with a little less real-meat and greets. Hink.
In fact why am I here at all in an arena with a bunch of people showing up to watch a show we can stream for them? Heck, check out You-tube and you can see the whole show anyway, at least a "good parts" version.
So keep on keeping on my friend. I am thinking of you everyday and sending all my best.
XO J-)

Lopi said...

Sending all the postivie vibes I can. I am sure everything will be ok!