Thursday, April 23, 2009

Today was...

I have 4 more Radiation treatments left!!! The "site" is red and angry, but not blistered, yet. I have a matching square of "sunburn" on my back...

Today was all about the doctors. 7:30 - Radiation. 9:20 - Saw the Physician Assistant at my regular doctor to get a allergy medicine refill. 10:30 - CT scan to rule out cancer in my lungs.

The CT scan was the best and worst part of the day. First, the elevator was broken in the parking garage and I had to park on the 3rd floor. My fatigue is, and continues to get, pretty awful. By the time I got to the office, I was dizzy and tired. Second, they pumped "contrast" into me and that made me queasy, on top of the dizzy and tired. I had to sit for a few minutes before I could walk. Then, on the way back to the car (elevator was now working!!!) two strangers expressed concern for me "Are you okay?" "you look tired" in separate incidents. That was kind of them, but it really made me feel worse. I was trying to convince myself that I felt well enough to go in to work and they added points to the "no, go home and rest" side of the argument. Had to sit in the car for a few minutes until I felt ready to drive! That decided it. Interestingly enough I had forgotten my cell at work and I don't have the new Central number memorized. How to call in and tell them I wouldn't be there? My husband to the rescue. I called Chris and he took care of it. He's my knight- no armor, just a slightly wrinkled shirt. I took some drugs: anti nausea, Narco, saltine crackers (not a drug?) and went to bed. Today, I just couldn't pretend to not be sick. I HATE that.

When Chris got home from school - he's doing a rotation in Internal Medicine - he woke me with the good news. The radiologist report said that there is no sign of cancer in my lungs!!! Time for the "happy dance! " Let me repeat, just because of the way it sounds. There is no sign of cancer in my lungs!!! They found some calcifications (due to the bronchitis etc...) and some scarring (due to the radiation) but no evidence or suspicion of cancer!!!!! I just hope that when the pulmanologist reads the films he comes to the same conclusion... I see the pulmanologist next week.

Thanks again for the prayers, good vibes and positive energy sent my way. I am getting closer...the end is in sight...

1 comment:

Lopi said...

YAY!!!!!

Love,
Danny and Lisa