Saturday, April 11, 2009

Another week down...

I've made it through another week of Radiation Therapy! I have started to see the side-effects on my skin. There is a square area of "sunburn" around where my right breast used to be. Surprisingly, there is a lighter, matching square on my back! And who doesn't enjoy a good sunburn? I have 12 more treatments... counting down. This treatment makes me tired. Very tired.

Had to go yesterday and have my seroma (build-up of fluid) drained again. 38 cc's this time. The doctor says that it probably will continue to build up again because the healing of the surgical site is slowed by the radiation.

The abdominal wound from the hysterectomy is almost healed and I don't even have to put a bandaid on it anymore. Dr. Arristea did a pelvic exam and said that I'm healing up really well and "can resume relations." I took that to mean that I am dismissed from her care. She gave me a big hug. I LOVE her!!!

I was referred to a pumanologist (breathing doctor) during my last bout of bronchitis. If you will recall it lasted about 3 months... Anyway, finally saw her. She wants to do some testing on me and follow me -turns out my history in this area is not normal.

This weekend is all about resting, laundry, and putting my resume together to find a job for next year. I'm also trying to figure out a way to get to Wichita for the May 30th anniversary of the Horners. Southwest doesn't go there!! It is their 50th! Mavis and Jerry are family, even though we are not actually related. I was raised with their kids.

No comments: