Sunday, May 23, 2010

Busy time of year...

Only 9 days of school left this year!!! Wow. Testing went well for the most part. I administered the re-take orally and that gave me WAAAY too much knowledge of what my kids were really doing. As I walked around, I DID NOT say anything, because it is against the law, but WOW they have no clue... Most of this group will be in summer school, sadly. We are moving into the hectic final days with field trips, talent show, graduations, field day, exams, end of year awards, report cards and banquets. Whew.

I passed my English Language Arts high school certification! I was kind of worried, mainly because there is a lot of literature I haven't read (or can't remember) that was referenced on the test and I wasn't motivated enough to study- at all. Since I teach Language Arts all day every day, I was betting that I would do OK, although the farther I got from the test date the more I doubted myself. I scored 283 out of 300. Yay me. Now all I have to do is pay the money to become officially certified... This summer I will attend a training and become AP(advanced placement) certified (endorsed?) I don't believe there is a test...

My friend Louise is celebrating her 60th birthday this coming weekend and I'm going to the par-tay! I haven't seen Louise and Judd (her husband) in years and I am truly excited about the weekend. I'm going to drive up to Ft. Worth on Saturday for the Sunday party!!! It will probably be odd, since I know none of her local friends, but I can't wait to see them!

Eating plan is going pretty well. I am newly motivated since I have now lost 23 pounds. Chris has done much better than I. I guess the massive cheating is obvious in my numbers... I just crave dairy and bread, neither of which is on this plan. He is down by about 30 pounds!!! He says he feels better for it.

The house is getting very bare now. Yolanda and Kevin have done a good job moving all the stuff so we can have the floors refinished. The less we have in the house the more I am motivated to simplify and pare down our belongings. We have come a long way from when Chris and I lived in 700+ square feet in NY! We have acquired way too much STUFF.

Health update: Hand swelling is not so pronounced as before, but still present. Right arm has been having some weird sensations. Am I getting back feeling in my arm and that's why? Whatever is happening, it is not pleasant and makes my arm feel raw, like someone has scraped my skin. Ankle and knee are still a little problematic and give me an ache every now and then, but not constantly, so that's an improvement.

2 comments:

Jerry and Mavis said...

Great test score. The school day count down is going quickly.

Enjoy your summer, school will start again before you know it.

Mary Roy said...

Hugs and kisses to you and to Louise and Judd. Wow.

You sound great and going up to the par-tay should be a great shot in the arm. The weight loss sounds amazing. Send me your program please.

Many kisses and hugs to you too...