Sunday, October 4, 2009

I DID IT!!!

I DID IT!!!!




I did the SUSAN G. KOMEN 5K RACE FOR THE CURE. I walked it because of course, as I said before, if I ran, it would become S. Chris Mitchell's Heart Attack for the Cure. I did the 5K (3 miles to those metrically challenged) in exactly 1 hour! My legs and ankles are really, really, really sore. I didn't train for it like I should have. I thought going up and down stairs at our jail hospital many times a day for over a month would have helped, but nope. I kept it at an easy pace trying not to get excited by the runners going the opposite direction from us towards the finish line as the walkers started. I felt like quitting a few times but I thought about all that Selena has gone thru and I pushed on.

I helped raised $257 for breast cancer treatment, screening and research. My group, UTMB Cancer Center Cruisin' for a Cure had about 150 and raised over $20,000 dollars! I met some really amazing people in my group. I am so proud to be associated with such a great group of people.

Thank you to those that donated to help me raise $157 over my quota. It is so amazing that so many people care.

Chris

1 comment:

Joel David said...

Congrats my friend! Glad I could help out. Very proud of you.
Love and miss you both.
Love the new car.
XO J-)