Monday, October 12, 2009

Update

Nothing much to report. Chris has been getting residency interviews right and left. He has about 26 so far. I think he has WAY too many, but I know he wants to hedge his bets. He just got one in Alaska that he is really excited about. I, now that I have a job I really enjoy, would like to stay here. He has a UTMB interview booked so: We will see.

Got my flu shot today. Although I know I need them, I hate getting them because I always feel achy for a day or so afterwards and now that I am post-chemo, I already have the aches. My body aged significantly during the last year. My joints are stiff and sore all the time. Getting out of bed in the morning is tougher, physically than it ever was. BUT. I am alive, so I'll stop whining now.

I'm still having some pain in my surgical site along with swelling under the site and over my sternum. I don't really know what to do about that since I can't keep taking ibuprofen forever. I just try and take off my foob when I get home and I have cut WAY down on the meds. I still take a pill if it is hurting too much... I am down to every few days.

Saturday we had a really nice day. Chris and I spent the whole day together and had a good time. His old friend from high school, Rae, was in the Woodlands (far NW Houston) with her family attending her daughter's track meet. We drove up and spent some time with them. Then we went over to Michael and Donna's and spent the afternoon. Donna is recovering from Bronchitis, so she stayed in bed. I hope she is feeling better! Michael, Chris and I went out to eat for dinner and then we headed home. Since Chris and I are in search of some interview clothing for him, we stopped at a couple of places. We also stopped at Barnes and Noble, where they were having teacher appreciation day. I bought WAY too much stuff, but I didn't know I would be getting a discount until we got to the register, so that kept me more in line. I had been looking for a "Goosebumps" book in Spanish for one of my students who can't quite read in English yet. I bought the two they had and a few other things... The kids really enjoyed the Graphic Novel version of Dracula, which is also a coloring book. I have been reading them this classic and now they can color pages from the book while I read. Big hit!!! By the way, they are loving the "scary story" unit we are working on. I have them begging for more reading time! YAY!!

1 comment:

Joel David said...

See, that's the danger of the romanticism by media rampant in this country. You want to flash back to Northern Exposure. Of course if Janine Turner comes with the deal count me in. Wonder what she's up to these days.