Thursday, September 24, 2009

Things keep moving

I went to a training last week, Saturday actually, and got to hang with my friends who are still at Weis. The best thing to come of the day was that I realized how fortunate I am. I have a great job, which I enjoy, and they are having to put up with LOTS OF CRAP. I am so grateful to not be there (at Weis) this year!

I am still battling the "nerve thing" which may or may not be sciatica. Some days are worse than others and I'm starting to think that it may be time to find a chiropractor. I've never been to one, but it may be time. I need to look into whether my insurance pays for it or not.

I dyed my hair. I got tired of being referred to as Chris' mom. I also kept seeing myself in the mirror and thinking it didn't look like me. In my mind I have dark hair. I also am much thinner, but what can you do? So, I dyed it. First it came out sort of light brown/gold - not my intention. I used temporary dye because I've been told that sometimes dye can react with the drugs left in your hair by the chemotherapy. So, the next day I dyed it again, just darker. I liked it BUT now since I've washed it a couple of times it is getting too light. I think I will just dive in and use a permanent dye on it and if my hair falls out, well... I've been there before haven't I?

I think Chris and I will be buying a car this weekend. Chris was in a wreck in our CRV last year and it was repaired but it still doesn't run right. We are a little leary of driving long distances in it because of the sounds it makes. It is out of warranty and things are starting to go wrong. The dealership will give a decent price on a trade-in so it is time. I let you know what we do.

2 comments:

Joel David said...

Wait. Freeze. Wish I'd been keeping up, sorry. Have been really busy. In the past when I have had to dye my hair, I look great as a red-head btw, I used a temporary dye but left some over which I put in my shampoo and conditioner. Then every time I washed my hair I was reapplying dye. It worked really well and looked very natural. Give it a try.
Love you, J-)

Paul said...

In my mind I have dark hair.
-------------

In my mind, I'm a contestant on So You Think You Can Dance...and I don't mean one of those embarassing-audition contestants, either. In fact, I just did a Mia Michaels piece. And I'm working with Tasty Oreo next week.