Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Disappointing

Disappointing appointment today at Dr. Hatch's. She didn't like the way my site looked and didn't release me. In fact, I have another follow-up. I also am to call her if I need her. She made it sound like I would, need her I mean. She used the word "necrosis" a few times and even I know that means death of tissue. She thinks that the area just above my scar is looking not so good. I am to avoid any trauma(even seat belt rubbing), stop wearing my compression garment, sleep only on my left side, and not do any lymph massage or major exercise. She also said something very scary about "rupturing," and I choose not to even think about that. The big problem is that radiation has compromised the circulation and the cellulitis has not fully gone away. She did say she thought my hair was beautiful - she hadn't seen me in a while(since I had very little hair) AND I just dyed it brown. Hard to believe I have any vanity left...

Tonight was "meet the Teacher" night at my school and I had the opportunity to realize how inadequate my Spanish is. I struggled through a number of parent meetings and nobody told me I sucked. I just knew it instinctively. We also had a showing of Ike: A Documentary. I am so proud of my two former students, Maria and Melnikia who are part of the team that created this great film. They are going to some film festivals - Yay! I am definitely buying a copy of it when it is finally released. Tonight's version is SO different from the version I saw in May.

No comments: