Thursday, September 11, 2008

I HATE HURRICANES


Selena was sick and was not able to work her 1/2 day on Wednesday. She has Thursday and Friday off because of the mandatory evacuation of Galveston Island because of Hurricane IKE.


Selena and Donna left just a few minutes ago to head to north Houston to my brother Michael's house to be out of the path of Ike. Hurricane Ike is headed straight for Galveston as a Cat 2/3 possible weak 4. Expected storm surges up to 18 feet. Yuck. I am staying behind to prep the house and then leave early tomorrow morning. It is so hot outside I think I might just keel over from heat exhaustion putting the window boards up.

Chris

4 comments:

Joel David said...

This is what, three hurricanes making landfall in as many weeks? How can that be? You should talk to your neighborhood association and ask them to do something, I mean REALly now.
Ok, have to do a pyro inventory. Love you both.
J-

Mary Roy said...

Well that just totally sucks. Hope your evac is short and the storm is mild. Love to all of you, bunnies included...

mary

Lopi said...

Stay safe and good luck!

Love ya!
Lisa and Danny

Marie said...

Well, that settles it. I now officially don't "like Ike." Stay safe and we're rooting for you and any who might be in the storm's path...

XO,

TJ from L.A. (who is really glad there's no such thing as "earthquake season"...)