Friday, September 5, 2008

Good day...

Yesterday I had my first dose/course of Paclotaxil and although it made me feel a little asthmatic, I tolerated it well. This was the 1st of 12 weekly trips to Paclotaxil land.

Today was pretty good. I had more energy than I have had for a while. Mum and I went for manicures and pedicures (I was very careful and wouldn't let Amy trim my cuticles!) then for lunch at Queen's BBQ and THEN to the library. Even when I got home and tried to nap (I felt like I should) I had trouble going to sleep! Maybe the steroids they gave me with the chemo are still doing their thing. The doctor said the side effects for this kind of chemo start 2-3 days in. I'm hopeful I won't have any. I start work 1/2 time next week and am hoping today is a trend...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Selena,

This is fantastic news! I got a mani/pedi today too. We have to keep our spirits up in any way possible!! These little things are great and hopefully help you feel more like your normal self. :-)

My thoughts are with you all.

Much love,
Kara

Mary Roy said...

Hi Sel,

So happy you had a good day. I draw and paint as I pray for you. One of these days I'll scan them and send them over. I'm missing all the years we've been apart. Maybe someday we'll see each other again. When I think of you I laugh out loud. We had such fun. You were my best friend.

Love,
mary