Friday, August 27, 2010

One week down...

We made it through to Friday!!! I still do not have textbooks, but luckily have enough experience/chutzpah to be able to wing it. Today, after doing a bunch of sequencing exercises using a/the recipe, I made banana splits with the 5th graders. Messy. Fun. The 9th graders have begun annotatingTo Kill a Mockingbird and I've completed diagnostic tests on all the students from 5th up. I have earned the weekend.

Have been crashing hard at night. Last night after work we celebrated -yes, again- Mum's birthday at Tiki on Bolivar with steaks and margaritas. My friend Jessie and Mum and I had been trying to get together. Unfortunately, I got home and was able to putt around for only an hour before I went to bed... I guess I have to build up the stamina again. I am both physically and emotionally spent. I have a bunch of the afore mentioned diagnostic tests to grade and have made the decision that THEY WILL NOT GET DONE THIS WEEKEND!!! I will be busy decompressing.

Coinin got adopted! We are very happy. He and Haas had been trying to kill each other and we decided that Coinin would be the most likely to get adopted, due to his age. He was living with a foster family and up for adoption for over a year!! I can't tell you how it felt seeing him on the website month after month. Interestingly enough, although he was up for adoption with the Houston Bunny Buddies, he was adopted by a family in Galveston. As an aside, Haas has come into his own lately. He wanders around the kitchen, dining and living room and has even made his way into our bedroom! He will come running(hopping?) to get a snack or head rub. He is a happy guy.

4 comments:

Joel David said...

Such good news about the boys. I have been worried about Coinaan. I was so sad when I heard Toki had passed. I know it was hard on them both. I was so hoping their bonding during the upheaval would stick. You never know. So I'm glad there is some good come for them.
Take care.
J-)

Unknown said...

Is your Chris Mitchell the same Chris Mitchell from El Paso Texas?

-don

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Selena Stair said...

Yes, Chris is from El Paso.